Instructor(s) Underwood, Julie
Learning Outcomes - Students will:
1. identify those legal issues inherent in daily school practice.
2. explore various legal principles and their application.
3. identify various analytic frameworks that guide legal analysis.
4. apply principles and/or frameworks to a situation or issue.
5. examine and identify the sources of law and the various interests that the law seeks to balance.
6. understand and be able to explain their role in the development and implementation of law and policy.
7. analyze existing policy from a legal perspective.
8. examine and discuss the relationship between law and ethics.
9. understand the dynamic nature of school law and explore tools and resources available to help them remain current.