Categories: Criminal Law
Instructor(s) Klingele, Cecelia, Dickey, Walter
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
• Identify sentencing dispositions and understand the legal and practical differences between them.
• Possess a deeper understand of a subtopic of the course selected by you, based on independent research and synthesis.
• Understand the justifications for punishment and the ways they can conflict with each other.
• Appreciate the role of developing science in the sentencing and correctional systems, and place those developments in historical context.
• Better understand how lawyers can improve client outcomes in sentencing & corrections.