The Wisconsin Law Alumni Association (WLAA) was formed in 1934 by Dean Lloyd Garrison to promote closer contact between the UW Law School and its alumni. WLAA publishes our alumni magazine, The Gargoyle, conducts various alumni events including class reunions, and assists with fundraising for the Law School.
WLAA also organized the Law School's Board of Visitors in 1957. Each year the Visitors arrive on campus to talk to students, faculty and staff about the Law School, review its programs, and advise the Dean on matters that will affect the School.
Under its current bylaws, everyone who has graduated from UW Law School is a member of WLAA. There are currently over 14,000 members in all 50 states and about 40 other countries.