Policy For Alcoholic Beverage Service

Student groups, faculty, and staff must obtain a permit if alcohol is expected to be served at an event sponsored by the University and/or held on University property. These permits generally may be issued by a Law School Dean or Director.

With respect to the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics (UWHC), please also see UWHC Policy #1.23 Alcoholic Beverage Possession and Consumption at UWHC. This policy follows the UW-Madison policy and designates the Chief Executive Officer and the Senior Vice President of Professional and Support Services as their authorized officials.

Full Memo from Melany S. Newby, Vice Chancellor, Legal and Executive Affairs

Application for Alcoholic Beverage Service Permit

Application for Alcoholic Beverage Sales Permit

Lock Icon