- February 1, 2017: Showing of "The Future of International Agreements" a webcast series on international law and the Trump Administration. 10:30am-11:30am in Lubar, all are welcome.
- February 7, 2017: Public forum on "Legality of Trump's Executive Order on Immigration," moderated by Professor Alexandra Huneeus. Speakers include: Professor Sara McKinnon (Communication Arts), Prof. Asifa Quraishi-Landes (UW Law), and Prof. Benjamin Harville (UW Law). 4:00pm in Room 2260 Law
- February 13, 2017: Information session on study abroad to explain the application and selection process, 3260 Law, Noon-1:pm, pizza will be served, open to all interested law students
- February 14, 2017: “Titu Cusi Yupanqui’s Account: The Tawantisuyo Invaded by Demons,” Professor Arnulf Becker, GLS speaker on Global and Comparative Law, cosponsored by the International Relations colloquium of Political Science Department, Noon-1:15pm, Lubar Commons (7200 Law)
- February 15, 2017: Second annual spring international law conference, sponsored by WILS and GLS, speakers: Professors Arnulf Becker, Alexandra Huneeus, Mark Copelovitch, John Ohnesorge and Erik Ibele, Noon-4:00pm, Lubar Commons
- March 3, 2017: Academic Forum on "Human Rights and the Trump Presidency" sponsored by the Human Rights Program, GLS and the International Division, Pyle Center, Room 325/326, 1:00-5:00pm. All are welcome
1:00pm Registration and refreshments
1:15-2:45 Panel on Domestic Issues
Moderator: James Delehanty (UW-IRIS)
Ben Harville (UW Law)
Dan Hausman (UW Philosophy)
Asifa Quraishi-Landes (UW Law)
Richard Monette (UW Law)
Carolina Sarmiento (UW Human Ecology)
3:00-4:15 Panel on International Issues
Moderator: Scott Straus (UW Political Science)
Alexandra Huneeus (UW Law)
Sumudu Atapattu (UW Law)
Sara McKinnon (UW Communication Arts)
Nancy Kendall (UW Education)
4:15-4:45 Informal reception
- March 16, 2017: "Law of EU/US Trade Relations,” by Jennifer Riccardi, Lubar Commons, 5:00pm, sponsored by the European Studies Alliance and co-sponsored by GLS, details pending.
- March 31, 2017: "Regional Human Rights Systems in Crisis," Wisconsin International Law Journal Annual symposium (full day event), Room 2260. For more information, visit HERE. Keynote speaker, Professor James Cavallaro.
To facilitate planning, please register here.
- April 3-7, 2017: Community Justice Week on Immigration Law, details pending
- April 18, 2017: "Workshop on Migration and Human Rights in Wisconsin," Pyle Center, Room 226, details pending
- April 21-22, 2017: “Critical, Historical, and Comparative Perspectives on International Humanitarian Law” conference hosted by Professor Helen Kinsella (Political Science). Sponsored by the UW-Madison Political Science Department and co-sponsored by GLS. Pyle Center, for more information please visit our website.
- April 27, 2017: "Women Lead the Way: From Violence to Non-Violence, from Greed to Sharing, From Hate to Love," The J. Jobe and Marguerite Jacqmin Soffa lecture delivered by Dr Vandana Shiva, India 4pm, Alumni Lounge, Pyle Center (followed by an informal reception), for details visit here.
- October 26, 2017: Eleventh annual South Asia Legal Studies workshop, details pending
- November 13-17, 2017: International Education week, details pending
Past Lecture Series and Outreach Workshops
Remaking the Developmental State
- Law, War and Human Security
- Role of Law in Developing and Transition Countries
- Outreach Workshops on Global Legal Issues
- Reconceptualizing the Role of Law in Human Rights
- Legal Pluralism
- Laws Response to Consequences of Violent Conflict
- Comparative EU Law