- February 1, 2017: Showing of "The Future of International Agreements" a webcast series on international law and the Trump Administration. 10:30am-11:30am in Lubar, all are welcome.
- February 7, 2017: Public forum on Legality of Trump's Executive Order on Immigration, hosted by Professor Alexandra Huneeus. Speakers include: Professor Sara McKinnon (Communication Arts), Prof. Asifa Quraishi-Landes (UW Law), and Prof. Benjamin Harville (UW Law). 4:00pm in Room 2260 Law
- February 13, 2017: Information session on study abroad to explain the application and selection process, 3260 Law, Noon-1:pm, pizza will be served, open to all interested law students
- February 14, 2017: “Titu Cusi Yupanqui’s Account: The Tawantisuyo Invaded by Demons,” Professor Arnulf Becker, GLS speaker on Global and Comparative Law, cosponsored by the International Relationscolloquiumof Political Science Department, Noon-1:15pm, Lubar Commons (7200 Law)
- February 15, 2017: Second annual spring international law conference, sponsored by WILS and GLS, speakers: Professor Arnulf Becker, Alexandra Huneeus and others pending, Noon-4:00pm, Lubar Commons
- March 3, 2017:"Human Rights under the Trump Presidency" sponsored by the Human Rights Program, Pyle Center, Room 325/326, 1:00-5:30pm, details pending
- March 16, 2017: "Law of EU/US Trade Relations,” by Jennifer Riccardi, Lubar Commons, 5:00pm, sponsored by the European Studies Alliance and co-sponsored by GLS, details pending.
- March 31, 2017: "Regional Human Rights Systems in Crisis," Wisconsin International Law Journal Annual symposium (full day event), Room 2260. For more information, visit HERE.
To facilitate planning, please register here.
- April 18, 2017: "Workshop on Migration in Wisconsin," Pyle Center, Room 2260, details pending
- April 21-22, 2017: “Critical, Historical, and Comparative Perspectives on International Humanitarian Law” conference hosted by Professor Helen Kinsella (Political Science). Sponsored by the UW-Madison Political Science Department and co-sponsored by GLS. Pyle Center, details pending.
- April 27, 2017: "Women Lead the Way: From Violence to Non-Violence, from Greed to Sharing, From Hate to Love," Soffa Lecture delivered by Dr Vandana Shiva, 4pm, Pyle Center,fore more details please click here.
Past Lecture Series and Outreach Workshops Series on Remaking the Developmental State Series on Law, War and Human Security Series on Role of Law in Developing and Transition Countries Outreach Workshops on Global Legal Issues Reconceptualizing the Role of Law in Human Rights Legal Pluralism Series on Laws Response to Consequences of Violent Conflict Comparative EU Law