September 6, 2012: "Renewable Energy Development in India in the Context of Climate Change" by MP Ram Mohan, The Energy & Resources Institute, New Delhi, India, Noon-1:00pm, 206 Ingraham Hall, sponsored by the Lectures Committee, GLS, Center for South Asia and the South Asia Legal Studies Working Group.
- September 13, 2012: Meeting of GLS affiliates, 2:00-3:30, 5215 Law
- September 11, 2012: "Trademarks and Free Speech: A European Perspective," Dr
Cesar Ramirez-Mantez, University of Leeds, UK., sponsored by GLS and
European Union Center of Excellence, Noon-1:15pm, Lubar Commons, all are
- September 20-22, 2012: Workshop on "After the Violence," sponsored by Department of German and Center for German and European Studies, multiple co-sponsors including GLS, Pyle Center
Program (includes the Mildred Fish Harnack Lecture on September 20, 2012)
- October 10, 2012: Information Session on Study Abroad,
Noon-1:00pm, Lubar Commons with exchange program directors: Professors
Heinz Klug, Steve Barkan, Alex Huneeus, Nina Camic and Shubha Ghosh.
Open to all interested law students.
- October 11, 2012: 6th annual South Asia Legal Studies Pre-conference workshop, Lubar Commons, UW Law School, sponsored by GLS, ILS, UW Law School and South Asia Legal Studies Working Group, Contact Mitra Sharafi or Sumudu Atapattu
- November 9-10, 2012: Workshop on "Adapting to Climate Change: An Innovative Legal Approach to Climate Migration" with
support from Worldwide University Network (WUN) and GLS, sponsored by
WUN, Division of International Studies, Graduate School, UW Law School
and the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies (tbc). Details: Day 1 - 2:00-5:30 on November 9th, Day 2 - 9:00am - 4:00pm in Lubar Commons (7200 Law), UW Law School
Speakers/commentators: Keith Syrett (Cardiff University), Christina Voigt (University of Oslo), Dina-Kristin Topphol Midflo (University of Bergen), Dongsheng Zang (University of Washington-Seattle), Medhanit Adamu (University of Washington-Seattle), Katherine Curtis (UW-Madison), Sumudu Atapattu (UW-Madison), Heinz Klug (UW-Madison), Stephanie Tai (UW-Madison) and Alexandra Huneeus (UW-Madison)
November 14, 2012: "The Electoral Process and the Role of Election Observers: Stories from Uganda"
by Professor Damalie Naggita-Musoke, Makerere University Law School,
Uganda and GLS Visiting Scholar, Africa at Noon series, sponsored by
African Studies Program and GLS, 206 Ingraham Hall, Noon-1:00pm.