(For the annual South Asia Legal Studies Pre-conference workshops, see)
- September 26, 2013: "Bhopal: Almost 30 years on - Legal, Environmental, and Human Rights Aspects"
by Lalita du Perron (Center for South Asia) and Sumudu Atapattu (Global
Legal Studies Center), inaugural event of the Human Rights Program's
Environment Cluster and part of the Center for South Asia Fall Lecture
Series, Noon-1:00pm, 206 Ingraham Hall. All are welcome.
- February 21, 2013: Panel Discussion on Delhi Rape Case, Center for South Asia spring lecture series, panelists/commentators: Sylvia Vatuk, Sana Aiyar, Laita du Peron and Chris Garlough, 12-1pm, 206 Ingraham Hall,co-sponsored by GLS and South Asia Legal Studies Working Group
- April 4, 2013: "The Dysfunctional Legal Effects of Secularization: Hindu Law in India and Muslim Law in England" by Dr Prakash Shah, Senior Lecturer and Director of GLOCUL: Centre for Culture and Law, Department of Law, Queen Mary, University of London, part of the speaker series on Legal Pluralism, sponsored by GLS, Center for South Asia and South Asia Legal Studies Working Group, Noon-1:00pm, 206 Ingraham Hall.
- September 6, 2012: "Renewable Energy Development in India in the Context of Climate Change" by MP Ram Mohan, The Energy & Resources Institute, New Delhi, India, Noon-1:00pm, 206 Ingraham Hall (TBC) sponsored by the Lectures Committee, GLS, Center for South Asia and the South Asia Legal Studies Working Group.
- October 20, 2011: Lecture on "India's Judicial Elite: Who are Those (Under-Appreciated) Supreme Court Judges?" by
George H. Gadbois, Jr. (Professor Emeritus, Political Science,
University of Kentucky), author of the book "Judges of the Supreme Court
of India: 1950-1989" (Oxford University Press, 2011), 12:30-1:30pm,
Lubar Commons (lunch served)