Information for Current Graduate Students
General Information for Current Graduate Programs students
Information for Current LLM/SJD Students updates specific to students within the LLM/SJD research program.
UW Registrar's website for tuition information; deadlines for tuition payments; order transcripts online; and much more.
The University of Wisconsin Law School's Graduate Programs offers three degree programs for those who already have a first law degree (J.D., LL.B., or comparable degree from a university outside the United States).
Our degree programs:
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) - Legal Institutions
9-12 month course-based program
Master of Laws (LL.M.)
2-year research-based program
Doctor of Juridical Science (S.J.D.)
4-5 year research-based program
The William H. Hastie Fellowship Program
The William H. Hastie Fellowship Program is an LL.M. degree program that provides an opportunity for lawyers of color to prepare for a career in law teaching.
- Applying for Financial Assistance (New and Continuing LL.M and S.J.D. Students)
- Estimated Tuition and Living Expenses
- Campus and Visitor Relations
- Office of International Student Services
- Madison Friends of International Students