For Students: Find my exam number or Lab Username
Top Ten Tech Questions
- What classrooms have built in AV systems?
- How can I request media/AV equipment to show a video in my class? What is available?
- How do I open newest MS Office docx documents on older office software?
- Can you recommend what kind of computer I should get?
- What antivirus software should I use? Answer: Any is recommended, campus provides Symantec Antivirus for free.
- Deactivating NetIDs: How long is my WiscMail account active after I leave the University? How do I backup my mail?
- How do I set up my computer to receive automatic Windows updates? Office computers are centrally managed. DoIT has instructions for setting up automatic updates on home computers.
- How do I connect to my R: drive from home (students or fac/staff) windows or macintosh
- How do I access WiscMail on the web? https://wiscmail.wisc.edu/ is available for access from anywhere.
- How do I set up a "vacation message" for my e-mail? DoIT has a great FAQ on vacation messages.