An "assignment" allows your students to "turn in" assignments by uploading documents to you on the course page. Only you as the teacher can view these documents.
Add an assignment
- Click Turn editing on in the upper right corner
- From the drop-down list Add an activity, choose Upload a single file or Advanced uploading of files
- Select an "Assignment name" and "Description." The description should be the assignment description and requirements.
- Select assignment settings, following guidelines for assignment settings,below.
- Save and return to course.
Guidelines for assignment settings:
- Grade: Select no grade
- Available from / due date: Disable or select available from (when students are allowed to access the assignment) and due date (once the due date has passed, students will not be allowed to upload)
- Prevent late submissions: Select yes to allow submissions after due date; select no to prevent late submissions
- Email alerts to teachers: Select yes to receive an email each time a paper is submitted; select no to opt out of alerts
- Maximum upload side: the default setting should be sufficient
- Common module settings: ignore these settings
Now, your Assignment will be displayed on your course page. Students will be able to view their new assignment and upload documents.