For information on using the campus Moodle to send emails, see the following article: https://kb.wisc.edu/moodle/page.php?id=13288
Moodle allows you to send class emails, then post and archive each message on your Moodle page for easy reference.
- Turn editing on
- Locate the "Latest News" module and click Add a new topic
- Enter a subject and message. Add links and/or attachments, if desired.
- To send the email to students immediately, click Mail now.
- Finally, Post to forum to archive a copy of the message in the "Latest News" section on your Moodle course page.
- Return to your course to see your message posted.