ABA Law Student Division 2013-2014 National Leadership Opportunities
Submit Your Nomination for Division Delegate to the ABA House of Delegates or Vice Chair-SBA. Deadline for Receipt: 11:59pm on June 1, 2013.
The Law Student Division elects three Delegates to the ABA House of Delegates (the ABA's governing body) to serve a one-year term. In short, these delegates are responsible for:
- Representing the Division in the ABA House of Delegates and advocating Division positions to other ABA entities;
- Advocating ABA House of Delegates adoption of Division resolutions, co-sponsored resolutions, and resolutions directly affecting law students and legal education;
- Serving as the primary contact and coordinators to the 65+ Law Student Division liaisons to other ABA entities; and
- Working with Division and other ABA leaders to promote, advocate and lobby for law student and legal education legislation.
For more information, a position overview and a Nomination Form for the Division Delegate position, visit ambar.org/lsdleadership.
The Vice Chair-Student Bar Associations serves a one-year term, the Vice Chair-SBA is responsible for:
- Serving as the voice and representative of SBAs on a national level;
- Strengthening relationships between Student Bar Associations and the ABA;
- Facilitating discussions on legal education, law school, and law student issues among SBA Presidents;
- Representing the interests of student bar associations and assisting these organization leaders in drafting/filing policy recommendations; and
- Maintaining and developing resources and materials for the Division's SBA webpage, handbook, conferences and law school chapters.
For more information, a position overview and a Nomination Form for the Vice Chair-SBA position, visit ambar.org/lsdleadership.
Submitted by Academic Affairs on May 17, 2013
This article appears in the categories: Announcements