Professor Gwendolyn Leachman of University of Wisconsin Law School has been named one of Wisconsin Law Journal's Up and Coming Lawyers for 2017. Leachman, who joined the Law School faculty in 2014, teaches courses in labor relations, employment discrimination, and torts.
According to Wisconsin Law Journal, "The award recognizes attorneys who — right out of the starting gate — have shown themselves to be rising stars. With eight years or less of experience, honorees have handled challenging legal issues, taken steps to improve the justice system and given of themselves to their communities."
Seventeen UW Law alumni also made this year’s Up and Coming list, along with Leachman:
- David Blinka ’12, Habush Habush & Rottier
- Jonathan Eiden ’10, von Briesen & Roper
- Peyton Engel ’12, Hurley, Burish Stanton
- Jarod Ferch ’14, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren
- Matthew Giesfeldt ’12, Wisconsin State Public Defender
- Michael Hahn ’14, Axley Brynelson
- John Healy ’14, Corneille Law Group
- Marci Kawski ’11, Husch Blackwell
- Kaitlin Lamb ’11, Wisconsin State Public Defender
- Ronnie Murray ’12, Federal Defender Services of Wisconsin
- Seep Paliwal ’15, Community Justice Inc.
- Maggie Premo ’09, Neider & Boucher
- Zach Ramirez ’13, Legislative Council
- Nadya Perez-Reyes ’10, Wisconsin State Public Defender
- Vincent Scipior ’11, Coyne, Schultz, Becker & Bauer
- Evan Tenebruso ’11, Boardman & Clark
- Matt Wuest ’10, Godfrey & Kahn
A reception honoring the 2017 Up and Coming Lawyers will be held Tuesday, Sept. 19, at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee.
Submitted by Law School News on August 29, 2017