Members of University of Wisconsin Law School’s Mock Trial program have elected Emily Pellegrini president for the 2017-18 term. Pellegrini will be a third-year law student this fall.
Other students elected to the Mock Trial executive board include:
• Bole Yuan, vice president of competition logistics
• Rose Fisher and Alexandra Abernethy, vice presidents of membership
• Morgan Stippel, vice president of outreach
Coaches and team members also recently honored the following students for outstanding performance in the program this term:
• David Hollander received the Habush Habush & Rottier Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award
• Eric Klemm, Devlan Sheahan, Morgan Stippel and Reginald Thedford received the Susan Steingass Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award
The Mock Trial program is led by Professor Kim Peterson, with local attorneys serving as coaches. This year’s coaches include Roger Flores, Edward Pardon, Ann Peacock, Lara Sutherlin, Matthew Van Keulen and Mario White. The Law School’s Mock Trial program is nationally recognized for excellence in trial advocacy. Team members participate in both civil and criminal trial competitions around the country.
First-year law students are encouraged to try out for the team in the spring semester. For details, contact Rose Fisher or Alexandra Abernethy.
Submitted by Tammy Kempfert on April 20, 2017
This article appears in the categories: Articles