Steven Barkan has been named to Wisconsin Law Journal’s list of 2018 Leaders in the Law. The award recognizes Wisconsin attorneys, judges and educators who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, vision and expertise in the legal profession.
Barkan, a UW Law professor and director of the UW Law Library, received one of two special lifetime achievement awards at a February 15th ceremony honoring this year’s recipients. He plans to retire from his Law School post next month.
Judge John DiMotto, a 1974 UW Law graduate, received the second lifetime achievement award for 2018. Having served on the Milwaukee County Circuit Court bench for more than 27 years, DiMotto is scheduled to retire at the end of February.
Other UW Law graduates receiving 2018 Leaders in the Law honors include:
- Matthew Gillhouse ’07, MMG Law
- Charles Glynn ’91, Assistant State Public Defender
- Benjamin Gonring ’95, Wisconsin State Public Defender
- J. Gardner Govan ’88, Godfrey & Kahn
- Todd Korb ’96, Hupy and Abraham
- Keith Sellen ’84, Office of Lawyer Regulation
- Laura Skilton Verhoff ’97, Stafford Rosenbaum
- Joseph Tierney IV ’95, Davis & Kuelthau
- Deborah Tomczyk ’94, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren
Submitted by Law School News on February 20, 2018
This article appears in the categories: Articles