Dean Margaret Raymond has received the Wisconsin Law Journal's 2013 Women in the Law award. She was among 27 outstanding female attorneys and judges honored at a ceremony in Milwaukee on June 25.
The annual award recognizes women who have made their mark on Wisconsin's legal community in a variety of ways, including those who have achieved excellence in their respective fields and have influenced other women to pursue legal careers; those who have opened doors for women lawyers in job settings that historically were closed to women; and those who have advanced opportunities for women within a practice area or segment of the profession.
“As current and former associate deans for Dean Raymond, we know her to be an inspiring leader who improves the work of everyone around her,” wrote Alta Charo and Meg Gaines in the nomination letter. “Her many achievements and continuing pursuit of excellence in all she touches are an inspiration to faculty, staff and students alike.”
Award recipients were nominated by their peers and selected by a judging panel made up of Wisconsin Law Journal editorial staff. Among this year's 27 Women in the Law honorees are nine women, including Dean Raymond, who are affiliated with the UW Law School:
- Linda Bochert ’74 — Michael Best & Friedrich, LLP
- Laura Przybylinski Finn ’94 — U.S. Attorney’s Office
- Roberta Howell ’89 — Foley & Lardner, LLP
- Mary Kennelly ’85 — Fox & Fox, SC
- Cynthia J. Rigsby ’98 — Foley & Lardner, LLP
- Rita Rumbelow ’94 — U.S. Attorney’s Office
- Sheila Sullivan ’99 — Bell, Moore & Richter, SC
- Sally Wellman ’79 — Wisconsin Department of Justice
- Sarah Zylstra ’98 — Boardman & Clark, LLP
Honorees were recognized at an awards ceremony and dinner at Milwaukee's Pfister Hotel and profiled in a special awards magazine published by the Wisconsin Law Journal.
Watch a video produced by the Wisconsin Law Journal for the event.
Submitted by Law School News on June 27, 2013
This article appears in the categories: Articles