Eric Farnsworth, a shareholder at DeWitt, Ross & Stevens' Capitol Square office, concentrates his practice on personal liability issues including accident, work injury, and medical malpractice cases.
Mr. Farnsworth is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin Litigation Section, and a director of the Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers. He also is a frequent speaker and presenter at professional seminars and community legal outreach programs.
Devoted to his family and active in his church, Mr. Farnsworth enjoys windsurfing, collecting fine wines, and home improvement projects. He recently traveled to Bolivia on a humanitarian trip to help build a school.
Major construction accident cases involving catastrophic injuries to workers that resulted in industry standard reforms and some of the largest verdicts in Dane County history. (Staskal v. Symons Corporation, 2005 WI App 216)
Complex medical negligence cases throughout Wisconsin involving brain damage and loss of life with verdicts or settlements in the millions of dollars to cover special future needs of clients. (Jesse v. Danforth, 169 Wis. 2d 229, 485 N.W.2d 63 (1992)
Injured client case that successfully established nuisance liability theory as a viable claim against the property owner for unchecked, unkempt natural conditions. (Physicians Plus Ins. Corp. v.Midwest Mutual Ins. Co., 2001 WI App 148
Bone marrow transplantation case involving loss in transit of a child's marrow, which resulted in reform of shipping procedures by national cancer centers. Kuehn v. Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, 119 F. 3rd 1296 (7th Cir. 1997).
Trials in State & Federal Courts
J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
B.A., Ohio State University
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Director, Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Volunteer: local community and humanitarian trips abroad
-Wisconsin Super Lawyer " Law & Politics
- Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year 2013 " Medical Malpractice Law-Plaintiffs - Madison"
- Best Lawyers® Best Lawyers in America
- "Top Lawyer" " Madison Magazine