The founding institutional members of GLEE are Harvard Law School and the University of Wisconsin Law School. The project director is Prof. David Wilkins, the Lester Kissel Professor of Law, Vice Dean for Global Initiatives on the Legal Profession, and Faculty Director of the Program on the Legal Profession at Harvard Law School. Project co-director is Prof. David M. Trubek, Senior Research Fellow, Program on the Legal Profession, Harvard Law School and Dean of International Studies Emeritus at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The GLEE project operates as a consortium of individuals and institutions. GLEE partners with researchers from various universities as well as institutions in emerging economies includingDireito GV, the Law School of FGV in São Paulo Brazil and KoGuan Law School at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China.
GLEE researchers include:
- John C. Coates, John F. Cogan, Jr., Professor of Law and Economics, Harvard Law School
- Scott L. Cummings, Professor of Law, University of California Los Angeles School of Law
- Marc Galanter, John and Rylla Bosshard Professor of Law and South Asian Studies at the University of Wisconsin and LSE Centennial Professor at the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Luciana Gross Cunha, Professor at Escola de Direito de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas Law School
- Vikramaditya Khanna, Professor of Law, University of Michigan Law School and Co-Director, University of Michigan Law School & Jindal Global Law School Center on Global Corporate and Financial Law & Policy
- Jayanth Krishnan, Professor of Law and Director of India Initiative Center on the Global Legal Profession, Maurer School of Law, Indiana University Bloomington
- Xueyao Li, Associate Professor of Law, KoGuan Law School, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Sida Liu, Assistant Professor of Sociology and Law, Department of Sociology, University of Wisconsin
- Ashish Nanda, Robert Braucher Professor of Law from Practice, Harvard Law School
- Fabiana Luci de Oliveira, Professor of Research Methods and Coordinator of the Research Group of the Center on Justice and Society, Fundação Getulio Vargas Law School in Rio de Janeiro
- Mihaela Papa, Postdoctoral Research Fellow and Assistant Director for GLEE research, Harvard Law School
- Fabio de Sá e Silva, Researcher at the Institute for Applied Economic Research (IPEA), Brasilia and a PhD candidate in Law, Policy and Society at the Northeastern University
- Louise Trubek, Clinical Professor of Law Emerita at the University of Wisconsin Law School