- April 11, 2019: 4pm, Pyle Center Alumni Lounge, J. Jobe and Marguerite Jacqmin Soffa Lecture. Delivered by Dr. Brigete Baptiste, Director, Humboldt Institute of Biological Resources. Reception to follow. Sponsored by the Human Rights Program, International Division, the Global Legal Studies Center, the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies and QLaw
- April 12, 2019: 2pm, 206 Ingraham Hall, "Translating the Letter and the Law: Identities and the Right to Belong" by Rechtsanwalt Aarash D. Spanta, Human Rights Lawyer. Reception to follow. Sponsored by the Human Rights Proram, Department for German, Nordic, and Slavic, Center for German and European Studies, Center for South Asia and IRIS.
- April 25, 2019: 2pm, 327 Pyle Center, Panel discussion: "Tiananmen Square at Thirty: Future of Human Rights and Democracy" moderated by Professor Tyrell Haberkorn, UW-Madison. Speakers: Louisa Lim, Melbourne University and Author, The People's Republic of Amnesia: Tiananmen Square Revisited, and Wang Dan, Leader, Tiananmen Square Movement. Sponsored by the Human Rights Program, East Asian Legal Studies Center and Center for East Asian Studies.
- September 13, 2018: 4pm, Pyle Center Alumni Lounge, Mildred Fish Harnack Human Rights and Democracy Lecture. Delivered by Navi Pillay, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights. Reception to follow. Sponsored by the Human Rights Program, International Division, and the Global Legal Studies Center. For planning purposes please register at eventbrite. More details TBA.
- October 16, 2018: 12pm-1pm in Lubar Commons (Room 7200). "Rights in an Era of Containment: Europe's Migrant Crisis and the End of Universalism." Loren Landau, Wits Universtiy. Lunch will be provided on a first come, first served basis. Hosted by Professors Gay Seidman and Alexandra Huneeus.
- October 17, 2018: 4:30-6:30pm Marquee Theatre, Union South. "The New Barbarianism" screening, discussion, and reception. Co-directors Stephen Morrison and Justin Kenny will present a special screening of their documentary followed by comments by Stephen Morrison and Professor Heinz Klug, co-sponsored by HRP. This event is free and open to the public.
November 1, 2018: "Is There Hope for Human Rights in the New Political Climate of Mexico?" by Emilio Alvarez Icaza, Independent Senator, Mexican Congress, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm, sponsored by LACIS and co-sponsored by the Human Rights Program and the Haven's Center, 7200 - Lubar Commons (7200 Law)
- November 14, 2018: International Education Week, Screening of "Dear Ambassador" IRIS international film series, followed by a Q&A with film's director Luiz Fernando Goulart and LACIS Distinguished Alumni Artist in Residence Jonatas Chimen, co-sponsored by GLS, HRP, UNA-USA Dane County Chapter.
- December 10, 2018: Human Rights Day event: Celebrating 70 years of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: speaker: Tep Sothy (Cambodian politician and Member of Parliament for Takeo province), followed by award ceremony for the essay competition, 3:00pm, Lubar Commons (7200 Law), details pending.
- Thursday, April 11, 2019: 4:00 pm, Annual J. Jobe and Marguerite Jacqmin Soffa Lecture: by Dr Brigitte Baptiste, followed by a reception, Pyle Center Alumni Lounge. Sponsored by the Human Rights Program, the International Division and the Global Legal Studies Center.