- Feb. 7, 2006 at noon "The State-Federal Divide in Corporate Bankruptcy Law" by Sefa Franken, Faculty of Law, Center for Company Law, University of Tilburg, The Netherlands. Hosted by Professor Bill Whitford and cosponsored by the European Union Center of Excellence and GLSI. Noon talk in Lubar Commons (7200 Law).
- Feb. 7, 2006 at 3:30 "Spreading America's Word: Stories of Its Lawyer Missionaries" by Paul Carrington, Professor of Law, Duke University School of Law. Professor Carrington will discuss his book about the role of many American lawyers and statesmen in international politics who have striven sine 1776 to make governments and laws of other peoples more like their own. Hosted by Professor Marc Galanter. Open to faculty and graduate students. 3:30-5:00 in Lubar Commons (7200 Law).
- March 31, 2006 WILJ Symposium: Humanitarian Intervention after 9/11. Sponsored by the Wisconsin International Law Journal and the Humanitarianism and World Order Research Circle of the International Institute under the direction of Scott Straus, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, and Heinz Klug, Professor of Law, H.I. Romnes Faculty Fellow, and Director of the Global Legal Studies Initiative. Cosponsored by the Global Studies Program and GLSI. All day event in Law School room 2260. For more information consult the Symposium Homepage or email WILJ Symposium Editor Kristen Fricchione at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 6, 2006 "Rebuilding Bosnia-Herzegovina: The Relevance of Islamic Law" by His Eminence, Dr. Mustafa Ceric, Grand Mufti of Bosnia. Hosted by Professor Asifa Quraishi at noon in Lubar Commons (7200 Law). Cosponsored by LISAR and the Project for Law and the Humanities. Lunch provided. Dr. Ceric serves as spiritual leader for millions of European Muslims and enjoys an international reputation for his willingness to speak across religious lines.
- April 24, 2006 Marshall Monnet Lecture: "New Governance in EU Environmental Regulation" by Joanne Scott, Professor of European Law and Director of the Center for Law and Governance in Europe, University College London.Part of the Comparative EU Law Lecture Series. Approved for 2.0 CLE Credits for Wisconsin Attorneys. Noon-2:00 in Lubar Commons (7200 Law).
- April 24, 2006 "Public Health and Comparative Health Policy in the EU: A Transatlantic Dialogue" Workshop cosponsored by the European Union Center of Excellence, The Center for Global Health (CGH), the Law School Health Law Project, the Center for World Affairs and the Global Economy (WAGE), the Global Legal Studies Initiative (GLSI) and the Institute for Legal Studies (ILS). Guest speakers include Tamara Hervey (Professor of Law, Nottingham), Dr.Francisco Sevilla (OECD), and Canice Nolan (European Commission) with commentary by UW Professors Javier Nieto, Dave Kinding, and Louise Trubek. Part of the Comparative EU Law Lecture Series.
April 24: 3:00-6:00 at the Medical School - Health Sciences Learning Center. For more information contact Sebnem Ozkan at email@example.com.