Connecting to the lab printer only works from Mac OS X.2 or higher. These instructions are specific to Mac OS X.4.
- Go to your Applications window
- Double-click on the Utilities folder
- Double-click on Printer Setup Utility
- Click once on Add. Your computer will
pause while it builds a list of printer options.
- While holding down the OPTION key, click the More Printers... button.
- Set the settings so they look exactly like the options below:
Set the top drop down to Advanced
Device: set to Internet Printing Protocal (http)
Device Name: lab
Device URI: http://printq.law.wisc.edu:631/printers/law_lab
Set Printer model to HP, and then for the COMPUTER LAB select HP Laserjet 5M from the printer list -- others see the specific notes below.
NOTE: The :631 is very important in the Device URL -- make sure you have the url exactly as above (or below in the image).
NOTE: LAIP should use the url http://printq.law.wisc.edu:631/printers/law_laip and use the 5M driver as pictured below
NOTE: EJI should use the url http://printq.law.wisc.edu:631/printers/law_2221 further a HP LaserJet 4 series driver should be used (most likely "HP LaserJet 4 series - Gimp-Print v5.0.0-beta2") NOT the 5M driver.
NOTE: Lawyering Skills should use the url http://printq.law.wisc.edu:631/printers/law_ls and use the 5M driver as pictured below
- This printer will work anytime that you are connected on the Law School Network or from home (or elsewhere) by using the DoIT VPN service.