Outdoor events, especially summer festivals, are an important aspect of community life. Planning, including rules to prevent underage drinking and excessive alcohol use, preserves the fun and reduces municipal costs.
La Crosse's Changing the Culture of Risky Drinking Behavior Coalition spent several years observing and evaluating how alcohol is sold and served at local festivals: La Crosse Festival Project (Word).
The tools used by the La Crosse coalition are found below. They can be used to review alcohol policies at other community festivals and events to identify problems or gaps in community festival serving practices.
- 7 Policies & 4 Practices on 1 Page (Word)
- Instructions on Completion of the Festival Assessment Form (Word)
- Festival Assessment Form, 2014 (Word)
- Festival Scoring Tools, 2014 (PowerPoint)
- Instructions on how to Score the Festival Assessment Form (Word)