- Macaulay, "Restitution in Context," 107
U. Pa. L. Rev. 1133-1148 (1959). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Justice Traynor and the Law of Contracts,"
13 Stanford L. Rev. 813-864 (1961). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Non-Contractual Relations in Business:
A Preliminary Study," 28 American Sociological
Rev. 1-19 (1963). [pdf]
- Macaulay, Changing a Continuing Relationship Between
a Large Corporation and Those Who Deal With It: Automobile
Manufacturers, Their Dealers, and the Legal System,
Law and Society, 483 Wisconsin L. Rev. 3-212 (1965).
- Ted Finman and Stewart Macaulay, Freedom to Dissent:
The Vietnam Protests and the Words of Public Officials,
Law and Society, 1966. 1-92.
- Macaulay, "Private Legislation and the Duty to Read
-- Business by IBM Machine, the Law of Contracts and
Credit Cards," 19 Vanderbilt L. Rev. 1051-1121 (1966)
- Friedman, Lawrence M. and Macaulay, "Contract
Law and Contract Teaching: Past, Present, and Future,"
Fall Wisconsin L. Rev. 805-821 (1967). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Law Schools and the World Outisde
Their Doors: Notes on the Margins of 'Professional Training
in the Public Interest,'" 54 Virginia L. Rev. 617-636
- Macaulay, and Elaine Walster, "Legal Structures
and Restoring Equity," 27 Journal of Social Issues
173-188 (1971). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "The Standardized Contracts of United States
Automobile Manufacturers," in 3-21 International Encyclopedia
of Comparative Law 18-34 (1974). [pdf]
- Macaulay, Access to the Legal Systems of the Americas:
Informal Processes (Center for Law and Behavioral Science,
Madison, 1976). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Elegant Models, Empirical Pictures, and
the Complexities of Contract," 11 Law & Society
Review 507-528 (1977). [pdf]
- Jacqueline Macaulay and Stewart Macaulay, "Adoption
for Black Children: A Case Study of Expert Discretion,"
in Rita James Simon (ed.) Research in Law and Sociology:
An Annual Compilation of Research at 265-318 (JAI Press
- Macaulay, Lawyers and Consumer Protections Laws, 14
Law & Society Review, 115-171 (1979).
- Macaulay, "Professional Competence and the Law,"
Dalhousie Continuing Legal Education Series, No. 21
- John H. Merryman, David S. Clark, Lawrence M. Friedman,
"Law and Social Change in Mediterranean Europe
and Latin America: A Handbook of Legal And Social Indicators
for Comparative Study," The American Journal of
Comparative Law, Book Review Vol. 29 542-547 (1981).
- Macaulay, "Law Schools and the World Outside
Their Doors II: Some Notes on Two Recent Studies of
the Chicago Bar," 32 Journal of Legal Education
506-542 (1982). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "An Empirical View of Contract,"
1985 Wisconsin Law Review 465-482. [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Lawyer Advertising: Yes But ..." Working
Papers/Institute for Legal Studies: 2 (Dispute Processing
Research Program: Working Paper 7-3, Madison, Wisconsin,
1985). Portions are reprinted in Deborah Rhode and David
Luban, Legal Ethics (1995). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Law and Behavioral Science: Is There
Any There There?" 6 Law & Policy 149-187 (1984).
- Macaulay, "The Judge as Mentor: A Personal Memoir"
36 L. Legal Ed. 144 (1986). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Private Government," in Lipson
& Wheeler (eds.) Law and Social Science, (Russell
Sage Foundation: 1986), pp. 445-518. [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Images of Law in Everyday Life: The
Lessons of School, Entertainment, and Spectator Sports,"
21 Law & Society Review 185-218 (1987). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Bambi Meets Godzilla: Reflections
on Contract Scholarship and Teaching Vs. State Unfair
and Deceptive Trade Practices and Consumer Protection
Statues," 26 Houston L. Rev. 575-601 (1989). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Popular Legal Culture: An Introduction,"
98 Yale Law Journal 1545-1558 (1989). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Long-term Continuing Relations: The
American Experience Regulating Dealerships and Franchises,"
in C. Joerges (ed.) Franchising and the Law: Theoretical
and Comparative Approaches in Europe and the United
States, at 179-237 (Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft 1991).
- Macaulay, "The Future of American Lawyers,"
2 Sociologia del diritto, 51-69 (1993). [pdf]
- Macaulay, Wisconsin's Legal Tradition, 24 Gargoyle
6-10 (1994). [pdf]
- Macaulay, The Impact of Contract Law on the Economy:
Less Than Meets the Eye? Paper given at a Conference
on Law and Modernization, Lima Peru, July, 1994. [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Crime and Custom in Business Society,"
22 Journal of Law and Society 248-258 (1995). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "The Last Word," 22 Journal of
Law and Society 149-154 (1995). [pdf]
- Kenworthy Lane, Macaulay, and Joel Rogers, "'The
More Things Change . . .': Business Litigation and Governance
in the American Automobile Industry," 21 Law and
Social Inquiry, 631-678 (1996). [pdf]
- Macaulay, Organic Transactions: Contract, Frank Lloyd
Wright and the Johnson Builidng, 1 Wisc. L. Rev. 74-121
- Macaulay, "Willard's Law School?" Wisconsin
L. Rev. 1163-1179 (1997). [pdf]
- Grossman Joel B., Herbert M. Kritzer, and Macaulay,
"Do the 'Haves' Still Come Out Ahead?" 33
Law & Society Rev. 803-810 (1999). [pdf]
- Macaulay, "Relational Contracts Floating on a
Sea of Custom? Thoughts About the Ideas of Ian Macneil
and Lisa Bernstein," 94 Nw. U. L. Rev. 775-804
- Macaulay, "The Real and the Paper Deal: Empirical
Pictures of Relationships, Complexity and the Urge for
Transparent Simple Rules," 66 Modern L. Rev. 44-79
- Macaulay, "Freedom From Contract: Solutions in
Search of a Problem?" Wisconsin L. Rev. 777-820
- Macaulay, "The New Versus The Old Legal Realism:
'Things Ain't What They Used to Be,'" Wisconsin
L. Rev. 367-403 (2005). [pdf]
Back to top