*All of the updated forms for the 2018-2019 academic year have been posted on this page as of June 21, 2018.
Funding of events and travel is governed by a number of university policies and rules. For example, the university will not pay for alcohol at student-sponsored events. For more information about the policies that govern Hosted Meals and Events go to: www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/meetcon/meetcon.html
If you have questions about any policies, rules, or procedures, contact Jennifer Hanrahan of the Law School Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-curricular activities, student organizations, and individual students must use the following forms to request Law School funding for events and travel.
Submit funding request forms to: email@example.com
Forms required before the event:
- JD Grants - Annual Budget for Co-Curricular Activities - proposed annual budget for law journals, Mock Trial Program, and Moot Court Board
- JD Grants - Local Event Funding Request
- If food will be served at a local event, take this form to the event to collect the names and affiliations of attendees - JD Grants - Hosted Meal Sign-in Sheet
- JD Grants - Travel Funding Request for Co-Curricular Activities (law journals, Mock Trial Program, and Moot Court Board)
- JD Grants - Travel Funding Request for Individuals and Student Organizations
After the JD Grants Committee approves funding for a trip, you will receive a copy of the UW-Madison Travel Approval Form (JD Grants Committee Version). The University Accounting Office requires that this form be included in all reimbursement requests for travel expenses.
Forms required after the event:
- JD Grants - Actual Expenses Report - accounting for all the funds spent
- UW Law School Business Office JD Grants Reimbursement Form - required for reimbursing a student organization, co-curricular activity, or individual