Welcome to the University of Wisconsin Law School!
Orientation is designed to introduce you to our institution, law school culture, and legal education. With a focus on academic preparation, you will learn how to be an active and engaged member of the UW Law School community.
As a reminder, you will need to prepare for your Mock Class session on Friday, August 28 by reading the case assigned to your small group.
Finally, during the week of August 17, Loryn Limoges, the Law School's Lexis/Nexis Academic Account Executive, will email all incoming students about activating their Lexis passwords. She will also provide instructions for enrolling in web courses.
2015 Orientation Dates
- Tuesday, August 25: LEO Orientation
- Wednesday - Friday, August 26 - 28: 1L Orientation
- Friday, August 28: Transfer Student Orientation
- Wednesday, September 2: Classes Begin
Tuesday, August 25: 2015 LEO Orientation Schedule (PDF)
Wednesday - Friday, August 26 - 28:
Friday, August 28: 2015 Transfer Student Orientation Schedule (PDF)
Monday, August 31 - Tuesday, September 1: Free days for reading
Wednesday, September 2: Classes Begin
- List of Optional Orientation Activities
- Small Section Meetings with Professors
- Practicing Lawyers Panel
- Presentations on Professionalism and Financial Aid
- Class Simulation
- Organizations Fair
- Community Outreach Day
- Tours of the Law School and Law Library
- Social events