To remain a world-class institution that prepares graduates for the future by providing a rich, sophisticated, interdisciplinary legal education that integrates doctrinal, theoretical, and experiential learning and that reflects the Wisconsin Idea, by contributing to “law in action” through research and engagement in Wisconsin, the nation, and the world.
- Recruit excellent students and assure they graduate with the tools, education and support needed to secure professional employment and to provide leadership in their communities.
- Recruit, retain and support excellent faculty, supporting their role as great teachers and scholars and encouraging them to be strong participants in our intellectual community, nationally recognized researchers in their fields and committed and engaged members of their professional, local, national and global communities.
- Provide a rich range of opportunities for excellent clinical and experiential learning.
- Continue our commitment to a learning community that is diverse and inclusive in all aspects.
- Facilitate mentoring and connection between students, faculty, alumni and the broader legal community.
- Respond and adapt to the challenges presented by change in the profession and in legal education, revisiting our program to assure we continuously improve the quality of the legal education we provide through innovation, collaboration, and exposure to issues relevant to contemporary practice.
- Offer an excellent international and graduate student experience that supports and complements our institutional mission.
- Remain committed to law reform activities, engaging underserved communities and meeting unmet legal needs.
- Take full advantage of our presence within a world-class university and capital city, to continue to heighten our connections, contributions, commitments and visibility within Wisconsin, the nation, and the world.