The Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic has limited resources and can not work with every business that applies for services. If you would like to apply to receive services from the Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic, use the Service Request Form, below. If you have other questions about the Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.If you send e-mail to us or submit this form, your submission will not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information you include will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information to this e-mail address or using this form. The L&E Clinic may not choose to accept you as a client. Moreover, the Internet is not necessarily a secure environment, and it is possible that your submission might be intercepted and read by third parties.
The information provided in your application and subsequent surveys and questionnaires may be used for quality improvement of the services provided by the Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic. We may use the information gathered from you in the course of your application and subsequent services to learn how we can be more effective. We will never publish any personally identifiable information, and we will take all reasonable efforts to ensure that your identity is not ascertainable from the information that may be published. In the course of gathering information, we will indicate information which is minimally required for providing services; you are under no obligation to provide additional information. We endeavor to provide the best services we can, and any information and feedback that you can provide will help to make us better.
Client Selection Criteria
The L&E Clinic is designed to help entrepreneurs develop businesses that create a positive economic impact for the State of Wisconsin. We select applicants on the basis of all of the following criteria:
- The applicant would otherwise be unlikely to obtain qualified legal advice;
- The applicant has not received a significant round of outside funding or financing from investors;
- The applicant’s place of business is within the jurisdiction of the State of Wisconsin; and
- The work requested by the applicant is appropriate for students and presents an interesting educational opportunity.
Issues NOT handled by the L&E Clinic
Because they are outside the scope of the clinical program, the L&E Clinic does NOT provide legal assistance in the following areas:
- Litigation/disputes (or situations where litigation appears likely);
- Pure tax advice;
- International law; and
- Full utility patent applications.
- Fill out the Service Request Form below;
- Upon satisfactory review of your service request, you will be scheduled for an initial screening interview. Screening interviews typically occur monthly, and may be conducted in person or over the phone;
- After the screening interview, the L&E Clinic staff will make a final determination whether to take the applicant on as a client;
- If you are accepted, a student attorney will contact you to schedule an intake interview and prepare an engagement letter. Clients must sign an engagement letter prior to any L&E Clinic assistance.
*If you are NOT accepted, you are welcome to reapply at any time.*