We are in the midst of the process of building a great web-based resource page devoted to student wellness issues and awareness. Thank you for your patience!
In the meantime, please take note of these resources:
Drop-in Consultations (room 7112): confidential conversations with a counselor from University Health Service (UHS) or the Wisconsin Lawyers Assistance Program (WisLAP). Fall 2017 hours are as follows:
- UHS Hours: 1:00PM-3:00PM on the following Fridays: 9/8, 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1
- WisLAP Hours: 3:00PM-5:00PM on the following Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 9/13 (W), 9/26 (T), 10/11(W), 10/24(T), 11/8 (W), 11/28 (T)
- The University's UWell site ("Living Well. Being Well.") has a wealth of physical, emotional, spiritual, community, work/school, financial, and emotional wellness resources --plus a calendar of wellness-related events.
- UHS' Let's Talk program is a drop-in consultation service. Consultations are held every day in different locations on campus. Please go to their website for more information about the times and locations of their sessions.
Other Campus/Community Resources:
- University Health Services (UHS) has a 24 hour crisis line (608-265-5600, option 9)
- The Wisconsin State Bar’s Wisconsin Lawyers Assistance Program (WisLAP) also has a 24 hour confidential help line (800-543-2625). Law students are welcome to call.
- The Dane County Safe Communities’ suicide crisis line is 608-280-2600.
- Center for Healthy Minds
- The University's Dean of Students office has walk-in Hours in 70 Bascom Hall, 8:30AM-4:00PM
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 800-273-TALK (8255).
Please contact Emily Kite if you have any questions or suggested items for inclusion on this web-page resource.
Emily D. Kite
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs