If you are interested in applying for a summer internship in South Asia, please use this application form and follow the instructions given below.
Application deadline: Friday, February 23, 2018
A complete application includes the following:
- The application below
- The signed statement of responsibility (a signed hard copy must be submitted separately)
- A copy of your Law School grades (This does not have to be an official transcript)
- A copy of your resume
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed by the Faculty Committee on Study Abroad. All decisions will be made by the Committee collectively. Decisions will be communicated via email by Tuesday, March 6, 2018. The Committee will draw up a waitlist wherever possible.
We have established internships with the following institutions in South Asia and can place up to two students in each of these institutions:
- Human Rights Law Network, Delhi, India (http://www.hrln.org/hrln/)
- Consumer Unity & Trust Society, Jaipur, India (http://www.cuts-international.org)
- Majlis, Mumbai, India (http://www.majlisbombay.org/index.htm)
- Alternative Law Forum, Bangalore, India (http://www.altlawforum.org/)
- Law & Society Trust, Colombo, Sri Lanka (http://www.lawandsocietytrust.org/)
- Center for Environmental Justice, Colombo, Sri Lanka (http://www.ejustice.lk/)
- International Center for Ethnic Studies, Colombo, Sri Lanka (http://ices.lk/)
Eligibility and other information
- 1Ls and 2Ls are eligible to apply.
- No stipend will be paid. However, the host institution will help students to find suitable accommodation.
- Students have to obtain mandatory health insurance to cover the duration of the internship through CISI. The current premium is $34.00 per month (no partial months are allowed).
- A valid passport is necessary. You may have to obtain a visa as well.