Indian Affairs in Wisconsin
State-Tribal Relations (WI Legislative Committee)
- to provide an academic and educational atmosphere and opportunity for law students to study Federal, State, and tribal laws affecting Indian tribes and their members
- to provide legal assistance on uniquely tribal legal matters
- to encourage and assist Indian students in obtaining a legal education
- Tribal Externships
- The externship program is designed to give law students a unique opportunity to gain real world experience by working and sometimes living on a reservation.
- Indian Business Development Project
- This project is a partnership with Wisconsin Department of Transportation and the AICC/AICTA to assist Indian businesses and economic development programs on and off reservations in building their capacity to become Disadvantage Business Entity (DBE) certified.
- This partnership includes trying to identify Indian Businesses. If you are interested in participating in this program, please complete the American Indian Construction & Trades Association Survey. (See also: American Indian Construction & Trades Association Survey Cover Letter)