- to provide an academic and educational atmosphere and opportunity for law students to study Federal, State, and Native Nation laws affecting Native Nation and their citizens
- to provide legal assistance on uniquely Native Nation legal matters
- to encourage and assist Indian students in obtaining a legal education
Learn more about the Great Lakes Indigenous Law Center
- Native Nation Externships
- The externship program is designed to give law students a unique opportunity to gain real world experience by working and sometimes living in a Native Nation territory or reservation.
- Native Nation Business Development Project
- In partnership with UW Law School's Law and Entrepreneurship Clinic, this project assists Native Nations and their citizens in starting businesses and growing economic development in and near Native Nation territories or reservations, especially in the agriculture and food industries, as well as assisting Native Nations in developing appropriate legal infrastructure. If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact Dan Cornelius at firstname.lastname@example.org.