- February 7, 2017: "Trump Ascendant, The U.S. in Decline, and the New World Order: Implications for US economic relations with East Asia", Professor Chuck Irish, Sherwood R. Volkman-Bascom Distinguished Teaching Professor of Law Emeritus, UW-Madison, Noon-1:15pm, Lubar Commons.
- March 10, 2017: Symposium, “Histories of the Present: Postimperial Asia in the World," Sponsored by EALSC, Co-Organized by Louise Young (UW-Madison) and Kim Brandt (Columbia University). All Day Event, Pyle Center, other details pending.
- March 14, 2017: Lecture by Professor Ethan Michelson, "Divorce in China: Women's Quest for Freedom," Indiana University, Maurer School of Law. Hosted by Professor Kathryn Hendley. 12:00pm, Lubar Commons, details pending
- April 6, 2017: EALSC speaker, "The Ecology of Activism: A History of Lawyer Mobilization in China" Sida Liu, Assistant Professor of Sociology, University of Toronto/Former EALSC Interim Director. 4:00pm, Lubar Commons.
- April 13, 2017: "Medical Device Recalls: A Window into Compliance," Professor Daniel Sokol, University of Florida Law School (former Hastie Fellow), lecture in the speaker series on Compliance, hosted by Professor John Ohnesorge, 12:00pm, Room 2260.
- November 3, 2016: EALSC speaker, “Law, Markets, and Globalization: An East Asian Perspective” Sungjoon Cho, Professor of Law, Chicago-Kent College of Law, 12:00-1:15pm, refreshments served.
- October 27, 2016: "Remembering King Bhumibol Adulyadej" A celebration of the life of King Bhumibol Adulyadej with a documentary showing, followed by memorial remarks and a signing of the National Anthem. Room 3250 at 12:00pm, hosted by the Graduate Programs.
- October 19, 2016: Documentary Showing, "The East Asian Legal Studies Center and the Wisconsin China Initiative are co-hosting screening of a documentary, "The Chinese Mayor, " Wednesday, Oct. 19, starting at 5:30 p.m. in the second floor Concerto Room of the Gordon Dining and Event Center.
- October 18, 2016: Congressman Ron Kind Roundtable, 3:00pm-4:30pm in Lubar Commons. Light refreshments will be served. Event Summary
- September 13, 2016: EALSC speaker, "Representing Chinese Companies and the Chinese Government in U.S. Trade Remedies Actions" Andy Schutz, Associate, Grunfield, Desiderio, Lebowitz, Silverman & Klestadt LLP. Lubar Commons, 3:30pm – 5:00pm, refreshments served. Hosted by EALSC, Wisconsin China Initiative, and the Center for East Asian Studies.