For more info on the student Network Drives and also see relevant sections of Read This First.
These directions apply to Win XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10 and Macintosh OSX ONLY.
Access Network Drives from a non-Law School Machine
In building access (typically from a laptop)
- Authenticate as needed (necessary on the wireless network)
- Make sure you have web access by loading a remote website
- Run the batch script that was previously downloaded to connect to the network storage location you require (R, S, etc.) or the connect command if you're using a macintosh.
NOTE: This has to be done at least once per restart of your computer and/or daily, and may be necessary if your computer goes into a sleep/hibernate mode.
Remote Access (eg Home)
- Make sure you are connected to the internet by viewing a website
- Run the DoIT provided VPN software and connect
- Windows: Run the batch script that was previously downloaded to connect to the network storage location you require. (R, S, etc.) Mac: Go > Connect to Server and connect to the SMB share.
NOTE: This has to be done at least once per restart of your computer, everytime
that vpn software is disconnected, and may be necessary if your computer goes
into a sleep/hibernate mode.
NOTE: While possible, using a dialup phone modem is very very slow
User ID for the law school networks-
To log into law school machines or use law school network resources, use your campus NetID and associated password.
How to connect:
--(IMPORTANT, follow the links below for your operating system)
Download network drive scripts for Windows NOTE: This software is support by email@example.com
Steps for connecting. NOTE: This software
is support by firstname.lastname@example.org STEPS UPDATED 1/12/16