Instructor(s) Sperling, Carrie , Smith, Lindsey, Findley, Keith
Wisconsin Innocence Project students will be able to:
1. Develop proficiency in factual investigation, issue spotting, legal research and written work, including advocacy and client communication.
2. Take responsibility for identifying and achieving client goals.
3. Learn to collaborate with clients, other students, supervisors, and other actors in the criminal justice system.
4. Begin to engage in self-assessment and reflection about our clinical work, the role of the lawyer, and the criminal justice system.
5. Communicate effectively in writing through client letters, motions, and case memos
6. Develop and recognize common ethical issues and respond consistent with rules of professional responsibility and individual profession identity.