Top Tech Questions
For Students: Find my exam number or Lab Username
- What classrooms have built in AV systems?
- How can I request media/AV equipment to show a video in my class? What is available?
- Video Recording Request Form
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Products are available at no cost. Go to Campus Software Library
- A complete list of available software
- The Library supports Zotero, Westlaw and Lexis. You can contact Kris Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- I'd like to purchase MS Office
- If you are a student, Campus has negotiated academic discount for $78.99--Microsoft Office 365 University for Mac or Win 32/64-bit 4-year Subscription & DOWNLOAD for personal purchase by students, faculty, & staff. Includes 20GB SkyDrive Storage. Requires email ending in .edu to activate. *NO RETURNS*
- Faculty can add home use to the license for their campus computer, for $9.95 -- Office 2013
- Can you recommend what kind of computer I should get?
- What antivirus software should I use? Answer: Any is recommended, campus provides Symantec Antivirus for free.
- Deactivating NetIDs: How long is my WiscMail account active after I leave the University? How do I backup my mail?
- How do I set up my computer to receive automatic Windows updates? Office computers are centrally managed. DoIT has instructions for setting up automatic updates on home computers.
- How do I connect to my R: drive from home with Macintosh or Windows for students or fac/staff
- How do I access WiscMail on the web? https://wiscmail.wisc.edu/ is available for access from anywhere.
- How do I set up a "vacation message" for my e-mail? DoIT has a great FAQ on vacation messages.
Learn about the Computer Labs, connecting to the wireless network, and more.