Welcome to the University of Wisconsin Law School!
We are thinking of all of our prospective and admitted students at this challenging time, and we acknowledge that law schools nationwide face uncertainty with regards to Orientation and the start of in-person classes for Fall 2020. Please know that we will be sharing information with our incoming Fall 2020 students as we receive it from Chancellor Blank, Dean Raymond, and other campus and state leaders.
At this time, we are awaiting guidance from UW-Madison Chancellor Blank, Dean Raymond and state and local leaders regarding our timing and plans for Fall 2020, including Orientation activities as well as fall classes. Below you will find an outline of the 2019 Orientation schedule, which will provide you with an overview of many of the topics that will be covered during Orientation, whether delivered remotely or in-person.
-last updated 05/14/2020
- August 27: LEO Orientation
- August 28 - 30: 1L Orientation (August 28-29 mandatory)
- August 29: Transfer Student Orientation
- September 4: Classes Begin
Mock Class Information
- Section meetings with professors
- Presentations on law school resources
- Class simulation
- Student organizations fair
- Tours of the Law School and Law Library
- Social events
Surveys & Evaluations
Surveys and evaluations will be made available closer to orientation.