Instructor(s) Underwood, Julie
Learning Outcomes - Students will:
1. identify those issues inherent in the delivery of pupil services.
2. be able to explain the foundation created by federal disability law (Section 504, ADA, IDEA).
3. examine and explain the relationship between state and federal law in the delivery of special education.
4. explore various legal principles and their application.
5. examine and be able to explain the relationship between statutory and regulatory requirements and practice.
6. identify various analytic frameworks that guide legal analysis.
7. apply principles and/or frameworks to a situation or issue.
8. analyze existing policies and practices from a legal perspective.
9. understand the dynamic nature of this branch of school law and will explore tools and resources available to help them remain current.