Instructor(s) Shear, Leslie
Students will learn to:
1. Take responsibility for identifying and achieving client goals.
2. Develop proficiency in factual investigation, issue spotting, and legal research and writing, including advocacy and client communication.
3. Learn to collaborate with clients, other students, supervisors, and other actors in the criminal justice system.
4. Recognize ethical issues and resolve or respond to them within the Rules of Professional Responsibility.
5. Begin to engage in self-assessment and reflection about clinical work, the role of the lawyer, and the interaction between families and the criminal justice system.