General Guidelines/information (Overview):
The instructiosn below will walk you through connecting to Law School network drives.
These directions apply to Windows 10 and Macintosh OS 10.14 or later ONLY.
Access Network Drives from a non-Law School Machine
In building access - summary
- Authenticate as needed (necessary on the wireless network) - if you are not on Law wireless network you will need to use VPN (See remote access below) even if you are in the building.
- Make sure you have web access by loading a remote website
- Run the batch script to connect to the drive (S, T, J etc.) or the connect command if you're using a macintosh. (See follow on instructions below)
NOTE: This has to be done at least once per restart of your computer and/or daily, and may be necessary if your computer goes into a sleep/hibernate mode.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet by viewing a website
- Run the DoIT provided VPN software and connect.
- Windows: Run the batch script (See Windows Drive Scripts below) to connect to the network storage location you require. (R, S, etc.) Mac: Go > Connect to Server and connect to the SMB share.
NOTE: This has to be done at least once per restart of your computer, everytime that vpn software is disconnected, and may be necessary if your computer goes into a sleep/hibernate mode.
User ID for the law school networks
To log into law school machines or use law school network resources, use your campus NetID and associated password.
How to connect
Instructions will depend on what operating system you're using.
Download network drive scripts for Windows.
NOTE: This software is support by firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps for connecting.
NOTE: This software is support by email@example.com STEPS UPDATED 9/28/21
To connect from off campus:
You must Download DoIT VPN software
NOTE: This software is supported 24x7 by DoIT -- call 264-HELP
NOTE: As of July 2017, the University is switching to GlobalProtect VPN Client