Professor David Schultz
The Wisconsin Bar Foundation has named David Schultz the recipient of the 2019 Gordon Sinykin Award of Excellence. The Sinykin Award honors lawyers or law firms for work on an individual law-related education or public service project.
Schulz is professor emeritus at University of Wisconsin Law School, where he served as director of Continuing Legal Education of Wisconsin (CLEW). In that role, he was responsible for producing the civil, criminal and juvenile jury instructions for State of Wisconsin. He also served as reporter for the Wisconsin Criminal Jury Instructions Committee for four decades.
“[Schulz's] instrumental contribution to this ongoing project exemplifies the ideals of service of the Sinykin award,” said Fran Deisinger, a member of the award committee.
Schulz will receive the award at the State Bar of Wisconsin’s annual meeting in Green Bay on June 13.
The following members of the UW Law School community will also receive awards at the meeting:
- James Evenson ’73, Lifetime Jurist
- Talita Bornholdt ’16, Pro Bono Attorney of the Year
- Joseph Diedrich ’17, Hon. Charles Dunn Author Award
- Daphne Webb ’73, Senior Lawyers Division Leonard L. Loeb Award
- Roberta Rieck ’87, Dan Tuchscherer Outstanding Public Interest Law Attorney
- Law student Margaret Straughan, Outstanding Public Interest Law Student
Find details and a full list of honorees at the State Bar of Wisconsin website.
Submitted by Law School News on July 30, 2019
Related employee profiles: David Schultz