University of Wisconsin Law School has a long tradition of making a world-class legal education accessible and affordable to everyone. The values underlying the U.S News & World Report law school ranking do not align with our mission and goals. Therefore, after consulting with campus leadership, faculty, staff, alumni and student representatives, we have decided not to participate in this year's U.S. News statistical survey. Below is a listing of media coverage related to our decision to withdraw.
- University of Wisconsin Law School Joins Exodus of Others Not Participating in U.S. News Rankings - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- UW Law School Opts Out of Annual U.S. News Survey - NBC 15
- Wisconsin Law Becomes 36th Law School to Pull Out of U.S. News Rankings - Law.com
- More Quit 'U.S. News' Rankings of Medical, Law Schools - Inside Higher Ed
- UW Among Schools to Drop Out of Rankings - The 715 Newsroom
- University of Wisconsin Law School Withdraws From U.S. News Rankings Survey - JD Journal
- For the Record: UW Law School Follows Top Universities in Pulling Out of National Rankings - Channel 3000
- University of Wisconsin Law School Declines to Participate in U.S. News Survey - Badger Herald
- Wisconsin Law School Opts Out of National Rankings - Wisconsin Public Radio's "The Morning Show"
- UW Law School Finds U.S. News Rankings at Odds with Their Values, Opts Out - The Daily Cardinal
Submitted by Law School News on February 9, 2023