Nancy Cruz, a third-year UW Law student, was elected president of University of Wisconsin Law School’s Moot Court board for the 2019-20 academic year.
Cruz is joined on the board by:
- Ben Jordan, competition chair
- Miles Mianecki and Bella Sobah, membership chairs
- Katie Gresham, treasurer
- Sarah Horner, vice president (Heffernan Competition)
- Hannah Albrecht and Lauren LaCasto, vice presidents (Evans Competition)
- Angela O’Brien and Sarah Arbaje, problem writers (Evans Competition)
In Moot Court competition, "mooters" work on teams to write briefs and prepare oral arguments as if they were appearing before an appellate court. Each year, the UW Moot Court teams travel the country to participate in competitions focusing on a variety of issues. The board also hosts its annual Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law Competition in the spring.
For more information, visit UW Law School's Moot Court website.
Submitted by Law School News on September 5, 2019