This is an important message for all first-year students concerning laptop
computer use for mid-term exams.
Some of your courses may have upcoming mid-terms exams for which you may
use a laptop computer (ask your instructor). Note that laptops, when
allowed, will not be required; you can still write in a bluebook if you
Please read this message carefully & thoroughly. You are responsible for
knowing the contents of this message.
At this point, you need to be aware of two things:
1. Again, if you do not want to use a laptop for an exam, you will not be
required to. You may write in a bluebook. Bluebook users will take their
exam in the same room as laptop users.
2. If you wish to take your mid-term(s) on laptop, you need to follow the
Software Download directions below well IN ADVANCE of your exam date(s).
(Important Note: you need to follow these instructions even if you have
previously taken laptop exams here or elsewhere. The Law School is now
using the "Exam4" software.)
Software Download. If you intend to take your exam(s) on laptop, you need
to do the following:
(1) Ensure your laptop has a wireless capability that is functional.
(2) Go to the following web-site:
(3) On the web-site, do the following:
(a) review ALL of the information provided;
(b) follow the "Download" instructions provided.
(4) If you experience difficulty with any of the above steps, bring your
laptop to the Technology Services office on the second floor (Room 2270)
during business hours (Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.). Do not wait until the
day of your exam!
K. M. Kelly
Assistant Dean (Curricular Affairs)
Submitted by newsletter on September 24, 2008
This article appears in the categories: Must-Know Info