The State Bar of Wisconsin's Diversity Outreach Committee will
offer a limited number of scholarships in the spring of 2009 to
reimburse the cost of law school books. First year students of diverse
backgrounds may apply for the reimbursement if they are in good
academic standing and can demonstrate financial need. The
reimbursements will not exceed $500 per student. Specific scholarship amounts depend
on the availability of funds and the number of applicants.
1. Complete the official book reimbursement scholarship application form.
2. Attach a one-paragraph statement (maximum length: one page, double spaced) on how diversity has impacted your life.
3. Attach a copy of your second-semester required law book proof(s) of purchase.
4. Identify your required book purchases by circling each in ink.
The Diversity Outreach Committee will notify students selected for its 2009 Diversity Reimbursement Book Scholarships by U.S. mail no later than March 16, 2009.
Please submit two copies of application materials no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, February 16, 2009 to: Ruth Robarts, Assistant Dean for Student & Academic Affairs, at email@example.com or Room 5105, UW Law School
BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (Please print legibly.)
Local Telephone Number: ______________________________________________________
Cell Phone Number: __________________________________________________________
Email address: __________________________________________________
the State of
PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR FINANCIAL NEED:
- What is the dollar amount of loans you have incurred for this academic year? ___________________
- Are you receiving a scholarship or fellowship for this academic year? _______ If your answer is yes, please provide the source and amount of the scholarship or fellowship.
- Have you received a waiver of out-of-state tuition (UW)? __________________
- Do you have an assistantship at the law school or anywhere else on campus? ________
If your answer is yes, please describe the assistantship and any stipend, wage or other compensation you receive for participating in the assistantship.
Your signature is a representation that you are eligible for the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Diversity Book Reimbursement Scholarship. By signing this application form, you certify that the information on this application is correct.
Signature: ____________________________________ Date: ________________________
Submitted by Ruth Robarts, Assistant Dean for Student & Academic Affairs on January 12, 2009
This article appears in the categories: Must-Know Info