A variety of programs and services are available to address law students' health and wellness concerns.
Drop-in Consultations at the Law School
Confidential drop-in counseling sessions are available at the Law School in Room 7112 at the following times.
- University Health Service (UHS) has drop-in sessions on Fridays between 1 and 3 p.m. on the following dates:
- September 7, 14, 21, 28
- October 5, 12, 26
- November 2, 9, 16, 30
- Wisconsin Lawyers Assistance Program (WisLAP) has drop-in hours on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, September 18th, from 11-1
- Wednesday, October 3rd, from 11-1
- Tuesday, October 16th, from 1-3
- Tuesday, October 30th, from 12-2
- Wednesday, November 14th, from 11:30-1:30
- Thursday, November 29th, from 11-1
- UWell is an online collection of wellness resources that includes a calendar of events.
- Let's Talk is a drop-in consultation service offered by UHS.
- Silvercloud is an interactive, self-guided web resource for UW-Madison students.
- UHS has a 24-hour crisis line at 608-265-5600, option 9.
- UW's Dean of Students office has walk-in hours in 70 Bascom Hall, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Center for Healthy Minds is a campus-based initiative that teaches well-being skills grounded in a scientific understanding of the mind.
- WisLAP offers law students 24-hour confidential help at 800-543-2625.
- The Dane County Safe Communities has a suicide crisis line at 608-280-2600.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 800-273-TALK (8255).
- Crisis Text Line provides free, 24-hour support to those in any kind of crisis (text 741741).
Contact Emily Kite, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, with questions about wellness resources: Office: 608-890-0115/Cell: 608-405-2033/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.