This is an important message for all Law students concerning laptop computer use for final exams in Fall 2008. Please read this message carefully & thoroughly. You are responsible for knowing the contents of this message.
At this point, you need to be aware of several things:
1. If you do not want to use a laptop for an exam, you will not be required to. You may write in a bluebook. Bluebook users will take their exam in the same room as laptop users. (Note: some instructors may require use of a special exam form or packet for all exam-takers.)
2. Starting Monday 11/24, if you wish to take your final exam(s) on laptop, you need to follow the Software Download directions below well IN ADVANCE of your exam date(s). (Important Note: you need to follow these instructions even if you have previously taken laptop exams here or elsewhere. The Law School is now using the "Exam4" software.) NOTE: this INCLUDES 1Ls who took their mid-term exams in the current semester using Exam4.
Software Download. If you intend to take your exam(s) on laptop, you need to do the following:
(1) Ensure your laptop has a wireless capability that is functional.
(2) Go to the following web-site (on or after 11/24/2008):
(3) On the web-site, do the following:
(a) review ALL of the information provided;
(b) follow the "Download" instructions provided.
(4) If you experience difficulty with any of the above steps, bring your laptop to the Technology Services office on the second floor (Room 2270) during business hours (Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.). Do not wait until the day of your exam!
(5) If you have technical questions, do not reply to this e-mail. Rather, e-mail your questions to: email@example.com .
Thank you for your attention.
K. M. Kelly
Assistant Dean (Curricular Affairs)
Submitted by Kevin Kelly on December 1, 2008