Welcome first-year law students!
We believe that great lawyers are forged through hard work, good training, and supportive mentors and peers. If you want to work with a team who will push you to perform your best, WIP is the place for you. We look for students committed to learning how to handle complex legal problems and the ambition to make a difference for our clients, our criminal justice system and ourselves. We select students based on their demonstrated interest in being part of our team.
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is the Summer Financial Package?
Students who work with WIP in the summer will receive:
- Tuition Remission for the Summer
- Living Stipend
- Friends of the Remington Center Stipend
What kind of jobs do WIP alums pursue?
Our students go on to practice corporate law, civil rights, civil litigation, immigration, health care law, and, of course, criminal law. In recent years, our students have obtained jobs and internships at:
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- The United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- The Wisconsin Supreme Court
- Jones Day
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Stafford Rosenbaum LLP
- Godfrey & Kahn S.C
- DeWitt Ross & Stevens S.C
- Quarles & Brady
- The Milwaukee District's Attorney
- The Milwaukee Public Defender
- The Racine Public Defender
- The United States Department of Justice. Criminal Division.
- The Cook County Prosecutor's Office
- The Philadelphia District Attorney Office.
- The American Civil Liberties Union
- The Dane County District Attorney's Office
Who should I contact with any more questions?
Co-Director, Wisconsin Innocence Project
Office: 4318L. Law School