You are cordially invited to join admissions officers, faculty, and staff from Marquette University Law School and the University of Wisconsin Law School at the Sixth Annual Wisconsin Statewide Pre-Law Diversity Day! This event is free to students and advisors and will be held on Friday, February 23, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Madison to Milwaukee Bus Transportation (FREE): For those traveling from Madison to Milwaukee, free roundtrip bus transportation is available between the University of Wisconsin Law School and Marquette University Law School (with advance bus sign-up). Students utilizing the free shuttle are not required to shuttle back after the event concludes.
Students and Pre-Law Advisors: Register here.
Law School Representatives: Register here.
|9 - 9:30 a.m. ||Check-in & Continental Breakfast|
Marquette University Law School, Forum
|9:30 - 9:40 a.m.||Dean's Welcome|
Vada Waters Lindsey, Associate Dean for Enrollment and Associate Professor of Law, Marquette University Law School
|9:40 - 10 a.m.||Law School Admissions Update, Students and Advisors|
Rebecca Scheller, University of Wisconsin Law School
Stephanie Nikolay, Marquette University Law School
|10 - 10:50 a.m.||Diversity in the Legal Profession: Alumni & Current Students |
|10:50 - 11:10 a.m.||DiscoverLaw Presentation & Break|
|11:10 - 11:50 a.m.||The Modern Challenges to and Possibilities of Civil Rights Law|
Atiba R. Ellis, Professor of Law, West Virginia University College of Law, Member, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights- West Virginia State Advisory Committee.
Professor Ellis served as the Boden Visiting Professor of Law at Marquette University Law School in Fall 2017.
|Noon - 1 p.m.||Students: Mock law school class & lunch |
Advisors: Round table discussions & lunch with admission officers
|1 - 2:30 p.m.||Law School Fair-View Participating Schools Here|
Directions, Parking, and Accommodations
- Driving directions to Marquette University Law School. Free parking is available to registrants in Eckstein Hall visitor parking level; location 7a on the campus map.
- Marquette Campus Map. Marquette Law School is Eckstein Hall, building 7.
- Local hotels
- Greater Milwaukee Convention & Visitors Guide
- Airlines: General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) is about fifteen minutes from the Marquette campus.
- Amtrak: Consider the Hiawatha line between downtown Milwaukee (MKE) and Chicago's Union Station (CHI). Roundtrip fare starts at $50.00.
- FREE BUS! For those traveling from Madison to Milwaukee, free roundtrip bus transportation is available between the University of Wisconsin Law School and Marquette University Law School. Just sign up when you register!