You are cordially invited to join admissions officers, faculty, and staff from Marquette University Law School and the University of Wisconsin Law School at the Eighth Annual Wisconsin Statewide Pre-Law Diversity Conference and Law Fair!
This event is free to college students and advisors and will be held on Friday, February 28, 2020, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, WI.
Madison to Milwaukee Bus Transportation (FREE)
For those traveling from Madison to Milwaukee, free roundtrip bus transportation is available between the University of Wisconsin Law School and Marquette University Law School (with advance bus sign-up). Students utilizing the free shuttle are not required to shuttle back after the event concludes.
The bus from Madison to Milwaukee will leave from the Law School at 7:30 AM. The meeting location will be next to the Law School building, at the parking lot on Lathrop Drive near Chadbourne Circle.
Please register on-line for both Pre-Law Diversity Conference and the Law Fair:
2020 Schedule (TENTATIVE)
|9:00 - 9:30 am||Check-in & Continental Breakfast
|9:30 - 9:40 am||
Law School Welcome
Rebecca Scheller, Assistant Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid, University of Wisconsin Law School
Stephanie Nikolay, Director of Admissions and Recruitment, Marquette University Law School
|9:40 - 9:50 am||Dean's Remarks & Keynote Introduction
|9:50 - 10:20 am||
Keynote Address '“A Diverse Electorate in a Polarized Age”
Charles Franklin, Professor of Law and Public Policy and Director of the Marquette Law School Poll
|10:20 - 10:35 am||Break|
|10:35 - 11:25 aM||Diversity in the Legal Profession - Law Student and Alumni Panel|
|11:25 - 12:00 pm||
Featured Lecture “The Modern Challenges to and Possibilities of Civil Rights Law"
Atiba Ellis, Professor of Law, Marquette University Law School
|12:00 - 12:10 PM||
Break and Box Lunch pick-up
|12:00 - 1:00 pm||
Working Lunch Breakout Sessions
1:00 - 2:30 pm
Law School Fair - View 2020 Participating Schools Here (PDF)
Directions, Parking, and Accommodations
directions & parking
- Directions to Marquette University Law School & Parking
- Marquette University Campus Map (PDF): Marquette University Law School is located on the Marquette campus.
Other Transportation Options
- Airlines: Mitchell International Airport (MKE) is about 15 minutes from the Marquette campus.
- Rail: Amtrak ( Downtown MKE ) is less than one mile from the Marquette campus.
- FREE chartered bus: For those traveling from Madison to Milwaukee for the Pre-Law Diversity Conference and Law Fair, free roundtrip bus transportation is available between the University of Wisconsin Law School and Marquette University Law School. Bus sign-up is available via the registration form.