Law School funding of student events or travel is centralized in the J.D. Grants Committee, which was created by the Dean in 2014 to ensure a fair, consistent, and transparent process for distributing law school funds. Students and student organizations must direct their funding requests to the Committee, not to individual administrators or deans. Please review the instructions, forms, and deadlines below before applying for funding.
Funding of events and travel is governed by a number of university policies and rules. For example, the university will not pay for alcohol at student-sponsored events. For more information about the policies that govern Hosted Meals and Events go to: www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/meetcon/meetcon.html
Student Information Session
Co-curricular activities, student organizations, and individual students must use the forms below to request Law School funding for events and travel.
Submit funding request forms to: email@example.com
JD Grants Forms (UPDATED on June 14, 2019)
IMPORTANT NOTE posted January 14, 2020:
Jennifer Gardner, the Law School Accountant, will be out of the office for a while.
Whenever the JD Grants forms and instructions refer you to Ms. Gardner, please contact Myra Sun instead. Ms. Sun, the Faculty Administrative Assistant, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-890-0202. Her office is room 7110.
Forms required before the event:
- Annual Budget for Co-Curricular Activities (Word document): proposed annual budget for law journals, Mock Trial Program, and Moot Court Board
- Local Event Funding Request (Word document)
- If food will be served at a local event, take this form to the event to collect the names and affiliations of attendees: Hosted Meal Sign-in Sheet (Excel document)
- Travel Funding Request for Co-Curricular Activities (Word document): for law journals, Mock Trial Program, and Moot Court Board)
- Travel Funding Request for Individuals and Student Organizations (Word document)
Forms required after the event:
- Actual Expenses Report (Word document): accounting for all the funds spent
- UW Law School Business Office JD Grants Reimbursement Form (PDF): required for reimbursing a student organization, co-curricular activity, or individual