Law School funding of student events or travel is centralized in the J.D. Grants Committee, which was created by the Dean in 2014 to ensure a fair, consistent, and transparent process for distributing law school funds. Students and student organizations must direct their funding requests to the Committee, not to individual administrators or deans. Please review the instructions, forms, and deadlines below before applying for funding.
Funding of events and travel is governed by a number of university policies and rules. For example, the university will not pay for alcohol at student-sponsored events. For more information about the policies that govern Hosted Meals and Events go to: www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/meetcon/meetcon.html
If you have questions about any policies, rules, or procedures, contact Jennifer Hanrahan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-curricular activities, student organizations, and individual students must use the following forms to request Law School funding for events and travel.
Submit funding request forms to: email@example.com
Forms required before the event (Updated on June 15):
- JD Grants - Annual Budget for Co-Curricular Activities - proposed annual budget for law journals, Mock Trial Program, and Moot Court Board
- JD Grants - Local Event Funding Request
- If food will be served at a local event, take this form to the event to collect the names and affiliations of attendees - JD Grants - Hosted Meal Sign-in Sheet
- JD Grants - Travel Funding Request for Co-Curricular Activities (law journals, Mock Trial Program, and Moot Court Board)
- JD Grants - Travel Funding Request for Individuals and Student Organizations
Forms required after the event:
- JD Grants - Actual Expenses Report - accounting for all the funds spent
- UW Law School Business Office JD Grants Reimbursement Form - required for reimbursing a student organization, co-curricular activity, or individual