Quick links & Info
- Faculty & Staff Financial Reference Guide (PDF)
- e-Reimbursement Form (PDF)
- Events-Business Meals Form (PDF)
- Per Diem Calculator (for meals, incidentals, and lodging)
- Travel Inc. | 877-811-9898 | UWTravel@travelinc.com
- Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI)
- CIBT Visas | 800-577-2428
- OANDA (University-approved currency exchange calculator)
- Instructions to become an authorized driver and complete the Vehicle Use Agreement (VUA)
- General Financial Information
- How to Request Reimbursement
- Travel Policies
- Purchasing Policies
- FISC Funds
General Financial Information
Please direct all general financial questions to the Law School's financial manager, Jennifer Gardner-Brokmeier (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Law School's chief financial officer, Associate Dean Bethany Pluymers, can also provide assistance. She can be reached by email (email@example.com) or phone (608-265-7981).
How to Request Reimbursement
- If you do not plan to enter the reimbursement yourself, please ensure that Adam Bushcott (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Jack Miller (email@example.com) are listed as an alternate for you. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Sign into e-Reimbursement.
- Click the Expenses WorkCenter tile.
- Click the Delegate Entry Authority link in the links panel along the left side.
- Click the plus sign to add an additional row.
- Enter the Alternate’s employee ID number in the Authorized User ID field. If you do not know the employee ID, click the magnifying glass next to the blank field, then click on Advanced Lookup. Enter the Alternate’s last name in the Description field. Locate the alternate and click on their name.
- The Authorization Level should be “Edit”. If an employee chooses “Edit & Submit”, it will revert to “Edit”.
- Click Save.
- Email Adam and/or Jack to inform them you’ve requested they act as alternates for you.
- If you have already assigned alternate status:
- Fill out the Reimbursement Request Form (PDF), breaking down your reimbursements and indicating the funding string to charge.
- Attach all required receipts and documentation (e.g., agenda, schedule, invitations, etc.).
- If the reimbursement is travel-related, please review UW/State travel policies (below).
- Return to Adam Bushcott and/or Jack Miller for processing. Please note that incomplete paperwork (missing receipts, lack of documentation, etc.) may delay your reimbursement.
- All reimbursement requests must provide a clear business purpose, be fully documented, and submitted within 90 days of last day of travel or date of purchase.
For information related to travel, please refer to the Law School's Travel & Financial Reference Guide and UW-Madison's Travel Policies.
There are a number of policies related to purchasing and the list below is not all inclusive. For a complete list of the policies, please see UW-Madison Purchasing Policies.
- Per state statute, we are exempt from paying Wisconsin state tax as a public institution. You are encouraged to work with in-state vendors, and please note that we cannot reimburse sales tax if it is charged.
- A single transaction cannot exceed $4,999. Anything in excess of this amount requires UW Purchasing Services’ involvement. Prior to purchase, please contact Jennifer Gardner-Brokmeier (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
- Any purchase that involves a signed contract or agreement requires UW Purchasing Services involvement.
- Printing over $49.99 must use Digital Printing & Publishing Services (DP&PS).
- Allowable office- and work-related items should be purchased through MDS/ShopUW+. Please contact Adam Bushcott (email@example.com) with your purchasing requests.
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to request the purchase of books through Amazon.com by contacting Adam Bushcott (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jack Miller (email@example.com).
To request additional FISC funds prior to spending, please fill out the Request for Additional FISC Budget form (Excel Document) and submit to:
- Associate Dean Susannah Tahk (firstname.lastname@example.org) for tenured/tenure-track faculty, or
- Associate Dean Ursula Weigold (email@example.com) for skills faculty
with a copy to Jennifer Gardner-Brokmeier (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval.