Occupant Emergency Plan
- Occupant Emergency Plan (PDF*): generated with the help of the UW Police Department and Law Building management.
- UWPD's Active Shooter Response Guide (for more resources, see UWPD Resources for Staying Safe)
- "Run. Hide. Fight." video
*Document accessibility issues? Contact email@example.com if you need a different format.
Evacuating the Building
During an emergency evacuation, everyone must move 100 feet away from the building. Depending upon your exit, this is where 100 feet away would be:
- On the Bascom Hill side, the middle of Bascom Hill.
- On the Lathrop Drive/Plaza side, the other side of Lathrop Drive (here it is especially important so that the fire trucks can come up the driveway).
- On the Music Hall side, past the back driveway/parking area for Music Hall (again, especially important since the fire hydrants are right there).
- On the South Hall side, the sidewalk just outside South Hall (the top of the grassy hill).
If you are disabled or temporarily disabled, please learn where the Areas of Rescue Assistance are located, if you are not on a ground-level floor. They can be found in two stairwells:
- In the Southeast Glass Stairwell off the Atrium on Levels 3, 4 and 5.
- In the Northeast Glass Stairwell in the Law Library on Levels 1 through 6.
- Automated external defibrillator units are available at the following locations, in the event of a cardiac arrest.
- Atrium, by south main doors
- Outside Main Office (Room 5110)
- Law Library, east of Circulation Desk
- First aid kits can be found at the following locations.
- Main Office (Room 5110)
- Law Library Circulation Desk
Please contact the facilities manager:
Room 5346 (in the Law Library)
Or the backup facilities manager:
Room 5344 (in the Law Library)